- Sold municipal bonds to fund four different mutual insurance companies for municipalities
- Sold municipal bonds to fund construction of a new amusement park
- Structure a Mello-Roos issue for a single regional mall as a commercial mortgage backed security
and received an “A” category rating on a single owner Mello-Roos
- Sold municipal bonds secured by utility users taxes, motor vehicle in lieu fees, gambling taxes,
sales taxes, TOT, insurance premiums and State school aid intercepts
- Structured the first multi-district cross collateralized Mello-Roos bond issue in California
- Structured the first Mello-Roos issue to be privately placed with the landowners
- Structured municipal bonds secured by blended general fund and land-secured revenues
In addition to our work in the public finance realm, NHA Advisors has been a pioneer in green finance.
NHA Advisors was the original financial architect to the green financing program now called Property Assessed Clean Energy (“PACE”). NHA Advisors developed the first property-tax based financing structure for the City of Berkeley, California in 2007.
PACE is a voluntary program that allows eligible property owners to finance energy efficiency and renewable energy improvements through low-interest loans from cities and counties that are repaid through an assessment on the property owner’s property tax bill.
On the Cutting Edge
NHA Advisors is currently working on a turn-key solution for solar projects in public parking areas for both school districts and other public agencies. This solution will not only include the physical prototype of the system but also the financing structure to make it work in many jurisdictions.